Clareity Consulting is committed to improving information security practices in the real estate industry and employs three strategies in this effort:
- Security Articles. There are many useful articles posted on this website. You are welcome to reprint them, but please request permission to do so.
- Information Security Workshops. Bringing real estate information security education to regions across the U.S., these events enable real estate professionals and their vendors to begin to implement an information security program for their company. More information about the workshops. Clareity also provides information security presentations in shorter formats.
- Security Audits. Risk assessment and remediation is a management responsibility for business owners and in some states is mandated by law (i.e. Oregon 646A.622). Clareity provides more security audits for our industry than any other company. If your company has not had a security audit in the last few years, please call Matt Cohen (612-331-1788) to discuss your needs.
The most important thing to know about “Information Security” is that it is a much broader problem than “Computer Security”. While there have been some significant computer security breaches in our industry, most of the publicized information security breaches have had nothing to do with computers. So, there are roles in an information security program for management, IT staff – and everyone else.
- Top 10 Tips for Real Estate Agent Information Security
- Essentials for Real Estate Brokerage Information Security
General Interest – Why?
- How You Are Affected By Consumer Privacy and Info Security Laws?
- What Realtors Need to Know About International Clients and Their Privacy Expectations
- PCI Compliance and You
General Interest – How?
- Computer / Mobile Device Configuration:
- Evaluating Office Physical Security
- Some MLS Printouts Don’t Go In The Trash
- Mobile Device Security: Best Practices and Tools
- Secure Computer and Mobile Device Disposal
- Encryption for Real Estate Professionals
- Dropbox Is Not For Real Estate Professionals
- When Your Web Site Betrays Your Client
- A Dangerous Chat: How Hackers Can Abuse Your Trust
- Business Owner Oversight of Information Security
- The Four IT Guys
- The Human Element of Information Security
- Creating a Security Policy for “BYOD”
- Limiting Internet Use to Protect Your Company
- Contracting for Security in Your Mobile App