It’s two weeks before the end of 2009 so it’s time to look back at the year and provide my Top 5 RE Industry Recap. Here goes!
1. The industry gets on Facebook … welcome to the conversation! Twitter is not as popular, but is a strong player, adding a new dimension to industry conferences.
2. MLS listings online expand. VOWs show slow growth while IDX rules get less restrictive regarding search enging ‘scraping’ and brokers continue to syndicate everywhere they can. MLS Cloud starts linking (at least 80 of the 350+) MLS public web sites.
3. Google starts blurring conduit and destination – a conversation starts. Google is big enough that it deserves its own recap number. They’ll be at Clareity’s workshopso we can have a good conversation.
4. Calredd goes pretty much nowhere fast while MLS-driven collaborations in many states drive forward – though lots of people still see the MLS market disorder glass as half-empty.
5. RPR announced … time will tell!
Honorable Mention: Cloud CMA – just announced and not big … yet. I think it’s important because it illustrates and brings awareness to the power of mash-ups for real estate business apps.
I still have at least one big article left in me for 2009 … keep an eye out for it!
Share this post: