This is my top 10 list for MLS Features in 2009. Many of these are not new – but these are the elements of MLS systems that I see people getting excited about in demos:
10. VOWs & enhanced private portals
9. Increased “push” notification options (email reminders, text messaging)
8. Mobile solutions – increasingly sophisticated
7. Expanded use of mapping – better geo-coding, driving directions, map-based statistics…
6. Increased branding and report customization
5. RETS – increased control, MLS “mash ups” using RETS
4. Google-like natural language query in the MLS
3. Share listing to social networking
2. Improving communication between pros, and with consumer (portals, showing feedback, tracking activity)
I talked about and illustrated these features in some depth last week during and after the free “2009 MLS Landscape” presentation I gave during the NAR meetings in San Diego, where I reviewed the 25 current MLS system offerings.
If you are interested in engaging me to present on MLS trends, the future of MLS, current MLS offerings and these features to your MLS staff, board and/or selection committee, contact me!
Share this post: